Psikhologicheskie Issledovaniya • ISSN 2075-7999
peer-reviewed • open access journal

Khisambeev Sh.R. The problem of subjectivity in philosophy and psychology

Full text in Russian: Хисамбеев Ш.Р. Проблема субъектности в философии и психологии
Psychological institute, Moscow, Russia

About author
Suggested citation

The article is devoted to analysis of the phenomenon of subjectivity. Development of the concept of subjectivity during the philosophical period in the history of psychology is considered. Understanding subjectivity in ancient philosophy (Aristotle), in classical German philosophy, in I.Kant, I.G.Fichte, F.W.Schelling, G.W.Hegel's works as well as in psychological works of L.S.Vygotsky is analyzed. It is shown that subjectivity manifests itself in speech while using the modal verbs for management of one’s own behavior and development, in other words, while stimulating development of a person as a subject. In the process of development of higher mental functions subjectivity becomes a verbal operator of personality determining the direction of its activity.

Keywords: subject, subjectivity, personality, modal operator

Funding
The study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Humanities, project 14-06-00576.

References

Aristotel. Sochineniya. Moscow: Mysl', 1978. Vol. 2. (in Russian)

Fichte I.G. Fakty soznaniya. Naznachenie cheloveka. Naukouchenie. Moscow: Kharvest, 2000. (in Russian)

Hegel G.W.F. Filosofiya religii. Moscow: Mysl', 1977. Vol. 2. (in Russian)

Kant I. Sochineniya. Moscow: Mysl', 1964. Vol. 2. (in Russian)

Panov V.I. Psikhologiya razvitiya, 2014, 3(3), 214–224. (in Russian)

Schelling F.V.I. Sochineniya. Moscow: Mysl', 1987. Vol. 1. (in Russian)

Vygotsky L.S. Sobranie sochinenii. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1983. Vol. 2. (in Russian)

VygotskyL.S. Sobranie sochinenii. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1984. Vol. 4. (in Russian)

Received 18 September 2014. Date of publication: 28 February 2015.

About author

Khisambeev Shamil R. Ph.D., Senior Research Associate, Laboratory of Ecopsychology, Psychological Institute, ul. Mokhovaya, 9–4, 125009 Moscow, Russia.

Suggested citation

Khisambeev Sh.R. The problem of subjectivity in philosophy and psychology. Psikhologicheskie Issledovaniya, 2015, Vol. 8, No. 39, p. 6. http://psystudy.ru (in Russian, abstr. in English).

Permanent URL: http://psystudy.ru/index.php/eng/2015-vol-8-issue-39/1102-khisambeev39e.html

Back to top >>

Related Articles